Congratulations to members of the City School District of New Rochelle Facilities team who have successfully completed a training program called “The Pathway to Energy Efficient Building Operations.”
This training consisted of six sessions, each 3.5 hours, over four weeks. It taught principles of energy-efficiency awareness and practices. Participants were recently honored during a school district Department of Facilities meeting.
In the photo from right to left:
- Charles Groves, Custodian, Isaac E. Young Middle School
- Derrick Burford, Custodian, Barnard Early Childhood Center
- Ray Casher, Custodial Supervisor, district-wide
- James Benge, Custodian, Jefferson Elementary School
- Henry Bartee, Assistant Custodian, Huguenot Academy
- Billy Bonacci, Custodian, William B. Ward Elementary School
- Mckenzy St. Juste, Custodian, New Rochelle High School
- Richard Meyerhoff, Plant Manager, New Rochelle High School
- Steve Spady, Custodian, Trinity Elementary School (not pictured)
The educational opportunity was part of the Department of Facilities’ efforts to continually raise the bar on efficiency and productivity. Tuition was covered by the New York State Schools Facilities Association thanks to a Workforce Training Grant from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
“Thanks to all for your continued willingness to learn and grow professionally,” said Director of Facilities Keith Watkins. “It is greatly appreciated.”