"See Rock City" Wins Three Metros!
Congratulation to the New Rochelle High School's TheatreWorks on winning three Metropolitan High School Theater Awards on Monday (June 10)! The annual ceremony, honoring high school theater in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland counties in New York and Bergen County in New Jersey, was held at the Purchase College Concert Hall. TheatreWorks entered for the first time in at least 15 years and earned seven nominations for its recent show "See Rock City and Other Destinations".
The NRHS winners were:
- Outstanding Comic Performance – Female: Jamie Cantone
- Outstanding Featured Ensemble Member: Ryan Basch
- Outstanding Student Orchestra: Yaffa Segal, Isaiah Fernandez, Jeremiah Adme, Taz Kim, Nora Shefferman
The show was also nominated for:
- Outstanding Overall Production
- Outstanding Direction: Anthony Stirpe
- Outstanding Acting Performance - Female: Jazz Jenkins
- Outstanding Ensemble Group