Meal Support Continues 3-20-20
Joining forces with community partners, the City School District of New Rochelle continues to arrange for free meals for the families of students who normally depend on the school day for breakfast and lunch.
They are handed out by local volunteers and the National Guard at the following locations during the week:
- New Rochelle High School House IV parking lot 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 95 Lincoln (WESTCOP) 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Extended hours)
- 345 Main Street (New Rochelle Housing Authority) 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Extended hours)
- Trinity Elementary School from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Columbus Elementary School from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- City Park from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Extended hours)
The District’s food service company, Whitsons Cafeteria Services, continues to prepare breakfasts and lunches each day. (Meals made at the school must be limited to students as the preparation uses District taxpayer money. The other meals are for all.)
“Thank you to the Westchester Community Opportunity Program, Feeding Westchester and the New Rochelle Municipal Housing Authority for helping out while schools are closed for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis,” said Superintendent Dr. Laura Feijóo. “These volunteers are providing the services that people need to get through this difficult time, and they are bringing this wonderful and resilient community closer together while they’re at it.”
Photo: National Guard members help local volunteers at 95 Lincoln Ave.